WNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • World
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • World
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
No Result
View All Result
WNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Chris Krebs kicked off CBP’s Global Entry program

May 1, 2025
in News
Yahoo news home
491
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Chris Krebs, President Donald Trump’s former director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, said his membership in Global Entry has been revoked. Krebs, who has repeatedly attested to the security of the 2020 election, told CNN he finds it hard to believe this isn’t another act of retribution from the administration.

On Wednesday afternoon, Krebs received an email saying that his Trusted Traveler Program status had changed. He logged into the program and learned his Global Entry program membership had been revoked, he told CNN. Global Entry is the US Customs and Border Protection program that gives low-risk travelers expedited clearance when they arrive in the US.

Trump earlier this month stripped Krebs of any existing security clearance he may still hold since leaving office and ordered the Justice Department to probe the former official.

CNN has reached out to the White House and Department of Homeland Security for comment.

Krebs, a Republican appointee in his first term, received bipartisan praise for telling the truth about the 2020 election, which aroused the ire of Trump, whose lies about the election led to the January 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. On April 9, Trump signed an executive order instructing his government to punish Krebs in various ways, including ordering the attorney general to investigate him, though there is no evidence he has committed any crime.

Time magazine recently asked the president if his order wasn’t exactly what he accused President Joe Biden’s administration of doing to him.

“I think Chris Krebs was a disgrace to our country,” Trump said. “I think he was — I think he was terrible. By the way, I don’t know him. I’m not — I don’t think I ever met him. … I know very little about Chris Krebs, but I think he was very deficient.”

For more CNN news and newsletters create an account at CNN.com

The post Chris Krebs kicked off CBP’s Global Entry program appeared first on CNN.

Tags: Chris KrebsCNNGlobal EntryPresident Donald Trumpprogram membershipsecurity clearanceYahooYahoo News
Share196Tweet123Share
Cook Scrutiny Builds After Criminal Referral Over Third Mortgage
News

Cook Scrutiny Builds After Criminal Referral Over Third Mortgage

August 29, 2025

(Bloomberg) — Federal Housing Finance Agency Director Bill Pulte sent a new criminal referral against Federal Reserve Governor Lisa Cook, ...

Read more
News

Delta to pay $78.75 million to resolve fuel dump lawsuit

August 28, 2025
News

RFK Jr. Says CDC Needs to More Closely Align With Trump’s Agenda

August 28, 2025
News

US tariffs on Brazil will reshape global beef trade flows, analysts say

August 28, 2025
News

Trump Team Weighing Options to Extend Influence to Fed Banks

August 27, 2025
Trump Threatens NBC, ABC Licenses Over News Coverage

Trump Threatens NBC, ABC Licenses Over News Coverage

August 25, 2025
BOJ’s Ueda expects tightening job market to push up wages

BOJ’s Ueda expects tightening job market to push up wages

August 23, 2025
18 months after becoming the first human implanted with Elon Musk’s brain chip, Neuralink ‘Participant 1’ Noland Arbaugh says his whole life has changed

18 months after becoming the first human implanted with Elon Musk’s brain chip, Neuralink ‘Participant 1’ Noland Arbaugh says his whole life has changed

August 23, 2025

© 2025 WNyuz.com

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • World
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Tech

© 2025 WNyuz.com